Re: (NSW) work

"Maikha V Ly" <maikha@MailAndNews.com> wrote in message
3B03C4A4@MailAndNews.com">news:3B03C4A4@MailAndNews.com...
| >===== Original Message From "Tezza" <tezza2000@dingoblue.net.au> =====
| >"Maikha V Ly" <maikha@MailAndNews.com> wrote in message
| >3AFBFCBB@MailAndNews.com">news:3AFBFCBB@MailAndNews.com...
| >| Can someone here help US? I'm wanting to see if it's ever possible I
can
| >| apply  for a part-time job in the Railways WITH BENEFITS?
| >
| >We get benefits?

Think of the $$$$$$ when you become CEO, Tezza!

| I believe railway workers get free travel anywhere in NSW, with
conditions?
| That'll be sweet for us, even if we're volunteering!!

<reality check>

People who do volunteer work for a rail preservation don't get free travel
like that you are talking about. I'd have serious concerns about letting ANY
13-14 yo loose as a CSA - it can be a big bad world you know and as I'm sure
others can tell you, it can be hard work for various reasons and simply
being a railfan/interested person sometimes isn't enough (case in point
neety's two hour each way trips to Lithgow.) Concentrate on getting
educated, have fun while not at school and the apply when you leave - there
is plenty of time as an adult to work. You'll miss the time you've got now
when you are an adult, trust me.

</reality check>

--

Erk
Rugby League, V8 Supercar, Transport & TV

Secret Agent Man - Who The Super Jesus are singing about.
Radioactive Man - Who Erk imagines they are singing about.
The Man - Who Erk wishes would end up on his ass.