RE: (NSW) work

Where can a 13yr like me (Don't want to turn 14yr in two months time!) get
part-time work with Cityrail?

I've been told by various sources that I have to be somewhat, over 18yrs to
have a job with Cityrail as a simple Customer Service Attendant.
Reason? As a CSA, you must have track accreditation and that's gonna require
us to be over 18yrs.

Volunteering may be another feature if you just want experience and not just
income.
I actually recently applied with Historic Electric Traction to become a door
attendant for a future train tour involving a manual door Red Rattler (Known
as an F-SET) but I was rejected because of my little age!! Other jobs
avaliable were much 'less challenging' ones like handing brocures.

(On two occasions I did 2days work with HET restoring the Reds at Eveleigh)

Can someone here help US? I'm wanting to see if it's ever possible I can
apply
for a part-time job in the Railways WITH BENEFITS?

Cheers :-) Hope this helps
Maikha "V" Ly
http://www.geocities.com/microchip_689
P.S. I wish I could be 13yrs forever! But I have plenty of disadvantages!

>===== Original Message From "Proceed" <proceed@ozemail.com.au> =====
>Where could a 14 year old turning 15 (me) get work experience on the
>railways in NSW?
>
>Can anyone help? please.
>
>Thanks
>
>Thomas

"If I never missed that stupid Endeavour at Victoria St, I would have not
missed my connection and I would be breathing"

(Said by me repeatedly on the way home from the Hunter Valley trip, 17/4/01)