RE: Article in April 2001 Issue of Railway Digest

To All

in my personal view and of my interest, Motive Power and RD focus on
different
motives of reporting the railway scene around Australia and New Zealand.
They provide different things in publication, have different specific target
audiences and focus on their commitment.

As I mentioned in my personal view, I'm not a reader of any major railway
magazine, but since I am a general Railway Enthusiast (into locos abit, but
not always) I prefer reading Railway Digest (What am I saying?!? My article
is
in RD!!).
If I was a Locomotive man, then I'll have more interest in Motive Power.

so the moral of the story is, these two magazines don't compete, since they
distribute a number of different things in publication, so a person's
interest
depends on which they choose which magazine.

I respect everyone's opinion, as long as they respect mine :-)

Cheers :-)
Maikha "V" Ly
http://www.geocities.com/microchip_689

>===== Original Message From "James C." <james_ccj@optusnet.com.au> =====
>"> Hey I once had plenty of articles and photographs published in Railway
>> Digest back about 4-5 years ago.Ok I still buy Digest but I usually find
>> digest too commerical, where as Motive Power Mag, is much more informative
>> than the "Locomotives & Traffic" section in RD.
>
>Really? I didn't notice RD gets any more commercial...certainly better then
>"Trains" anyway.
>But Motive power frequently post part of the Working Timetable which is
>excellent for gunzels.
>I do hope both of the magazine can provide some information about gunzel
>spots like "Trains" do.
>

>> I like the RD of the 1980's when we had Loco and Rollingstock reports on
>> conversions and withdrawals/scrapping etc...Maybe the rollingstock
>newletter
>> that gets printed in ARHS Bulletin could be published in Digest.
>
>I like RD now, at least I can find out what's going on national wide. But I
>do agree with you they need more rollingstocks coverage.  Few years back
>they did location of ex-Countrylink loco haul passenger fleet, that was
>excellent.
>
>Cheers
>James

"If I never missed that stupid Endeavour at Victoria St, I would have not
missed my connection and I would be breathing"

(Said me Maikha repeatedly on the way home from the Hunter Valley trip,
17/4/01)