Re: Eveleigh Carriage Works = 400 flats

I din't see the start of this thread, but the situation seems to be the
same as is being experiences in Brisbane: a block of flats was built next
to the maritime museum; now the residents complain about steam tug Forceful
being steamed.
In Sydney, flats were built beside Luna Park (while it was closed?), then
the residents complained of the noise of the park.
In Melbourne, we have the continued NIMBYism about Essendon Airport, while
houses continue to be built around Melbourne Airport, and are already
complaining about potential noise if the designed extra third & fourth
runways are built.
--
Regards
Roderick Smith

robson <robson@cia.com.au> wrote in article
<3AE6EC3D.42FA3B68@cia.com.au>...
> Geoff Lillico wrote:
...The flats were built on former rail land next to
> a still active part of Eveleigh. The flat owners now complain about the
> noise and smoke...The same mistake is about to be made on the Carriage
Works side...