Re: [NSW] 'Errors' in the Central Coast Timetable (longish reply)

David Johnson wrote:

> I tip the G and T sets to come before the V sets.  Do the V sets have Camshaft
> or chopper control?  It makes a big difference.
>
> If you want to include all electric traction, give me a light engine 46 class
> any day.  They accelerate faster than most people's cars!

 I would have to agree, I can't remember the exact speed/tonnage figures but when
the 46's where new, they did a test on the east hills line. standing start on one
of the steepest sections (not sure where) with a load equel to about 8 cars and it
took of like a scolded cat.

(don't qoute me on figures as this is from memory and I don't have the info
available to check. Info FROM someone who was part of the testing of the 46's when
new)

--
Bye for now,

Eben

http://www.ozemail.com.au/~tkid/

After you've heard two eyewitness accounts of an auto accident
it makes you wonder about history.
     ---Unknown