Re: [QLD]Yaraka and Hugenden mixed trains

It amazes me how railways seem to do their best to eradicate as much of
their past as possible in their constant attempt to move freight and people
as efficiently as possible. The Yaraka mixed certainly has tourist
possibilities. The GulfLander is a prime example. Whoever would have wanted
to travel on "that thing" 20 years ago.

I wonder why the people of Blackall and Yaraka don't petition QR to retain
their last passenger  service like the people of Croydon and Normanton did.

In Japan the railways actually preserved some of their own steam locos and
roundhouses. Unfortunately they forgot to preserve some old passenger
carriages. That's in Kyoto anyway, here the tourists ride the steam trains
in modern air conditioned carriages and watch steam train movies with sound!
Here are some pictures of Kyoto roundhouse. Check the locos
http://members.tripod.com/kerryww/kyotoroundhouse/Default.htm

Kerry
kerry@capebyron.com

3add8af1$0$25464$7f31c96c@news01.syd.optusnet.com.au">news:3add8af1$0$25464$7f31c96c@news01.syd.optusnet.com.au...