Re: 412- was Re: the meaning of gunzel

Eddie Oliver wrote:

> > I think the 412 thing came to the fore about the time of the
> > publication of the New South Ales Digest in the late 1960s.
>
> 412 became popular mid-60s; it was firmly established well before
> Ales Digest, although probably largely initiated by much the same
> people as produced Ales Digest.

Werai, that popular Short South photo location, was Postcode 2412
There is a 412 mile post on the Glenreagh - Dorrigo line.
A Zimbabwe 15A class Garratt was numbered 412.
There is often reference to 412 in U.S. motion pictures. This may have
originated with a 1950s comedy sketch where performers were in breach of
Rule 412 - over acting.