Re: [NSW] Derailment Freightcorp coal train Hurstville 12/4/01 - pictures

In article <g05rdtogjtdll8t5uc70vgdhphknr75vt4@4ax.com>, "steam3801"
<anon@anon.com.au> wrote:

> At bloody last! I finally got round to doin' sumfink about it .....
>
> http://www.geocities.com/anyone2see/freightcorp/

 BTW, Pic 15 - I nothing wrong with the track - those 'pieces of rail'
are the standard 'guard' rails of a set of points to make sure the
flanges take the 'right' turn...

 Looks like 8646 jumped before the points and missed damaging either the
frog or the point motor - the expensive bits.
 I'il have to go down an look at the layout there - is it possible they
ran a catch point ? I can't remember if there are catch points on that
particular move or not.