Re: [NSW] Derailment Freightcorp coal train Hurstville 12/4/01 - pictures

On Thu, 19 Apr 2001 08:45:55 +1000, "Matthew Geier"
<matthew@sleeper.apana.org.au> - in a blinding flash of brilliance -
wrote:

>In article <g05rdtogjtdll8t5uc70vgdhphknr75vt4@4ax.com>, "steam3801"
><anon@anon.com.au> wrote:
>
>> At bloody last! I finally got round to doin' sumfink about it .....
>>
>> http://www.geocities.com/anyone2see/freightcorp/
>>

> BTW, Pic 15 - I nothing wrong with the track - those 'pieces of rail'
>are the standard 'guard' rails of a set of points to make sure the
>flanges take the 'right' turn...
>
> Looks like 8646 jumped before the points and missed damaging either the
>frog or the point motor - the expensive bits.
> I'il have to go down an look at the layout there - is it possible they
>ran a catch point ? I can't remember if there are catch points on that
>particular move or not.

I've added another picture (13a) - a larger piece of rail can be seen
nadI did overhear to SRA "officials" commenting about the broken
pieces lying between the tercks ... "See, look, he's dragged
(something something something). That must've happened when ...."

Also added additional picture (15a) indicating catch points and
signalling (meant to do that in the firts place but forgot ... DOH!!)

At a guess, it's either been a SPAD, faulty signals with catch point
open or faulty catch points.

steam3801
Jesus is coming! ..... quick, everybody look busy