Re: [NSW] Blue Mountains freight workings

Maikha V Ly wrote:

> To all
>
> I'm making an unplanned trip to the Blue Mountains tomorrow, going up to
> Lithgow.
> Was just curious of any freight workings that may pass Lithgow Station or
> before? (Any thing, coal, freight, NR's, Silvo's[Silvertons])
> And what are the chances of an electric Locomotive passing through?

We get mostly coal and container freight. Sometimes cement, grain and
the logs (which I don't think runs any more?). The Silverton freight
runs on Mondays (I think).

You'll see plenty of electric locos. Most are "dead" at Lithgow loco.
You might see a few in the loop at Newnes Junction loading coal.

> Before I go, is there any train fare/pass that enables me to get off at any
> station between Penrith and Lithgow? (My plans are Luera, Mt Viccy and
> Lithgow)

A Penrith - Lithgow weekly? Other than that, nothing.

--
No problem is so big and
complicated that it can't

Anita Lukaszyk