Re: Pacific Coast Aurora

"Rob Kearey" <mammal@optushome.com.au> wrote in message
3ADC2A89.1CE9B5A4@optushome.com.au">news:3ADC2A89.1CE9B5A4@optushome.com.au...

> > > The NSW state government will whine and bully any one who tries to
take
> > > over their turf. Very lucrative, apparently.
>
> > Prof. Alan Fles would be down on them like a tonne of bricks if they
tried
> > that.
>
> One would hope so.

One knows so, given the recent history of the ACCC.

> It's never gotten that far, AFAICT.

I wish it had. Imagine rerouting one of the IP's via MEL, doing something
with the Ghan, and possibly extending the Overland. Not sure how they would
do it, but judging by the amount of rolling stock sitting at Keswick, there
is ample stock to do it with.

Dave