Re: Sydney Light Rail - March 2001

"Matthew Geier" <matthew@mail.usyd.edu.au> wrote in message
9b7v44$pgq$1@spacebar.ucc.usyd.edu.au">news:9b7v44$pgq$1@spacebar.ucc.usyd.edu.au...

>  I got a photo 2103 in its new colours yesterday and updated
> http://www.sleeper.apana.org.au/railway/slr/livery.html I also made some
> minor coding changes to the tables which should make the page layout
> faster.

http://www.sleeper.apana.org.au/railway/slr/images/Operations/2001_04_April/
20010413_150254.jpg

>  I think all the shots I managed yesteday were of the same side. 3 modules
> green, 2 purple. I can't be certain at the moment if I have both sides
> recorded or not...

The other side is: 2 green, 3 purple.

>  Trams seem to be meeting on the Central concourse yesterday afternoon,
> in the space of approx 10 minutes I saw 4 trams in Hay St, with one
> disappearing up to Central before the previous one came down. I assume
> extra loading to the Fish Markets was the reason.

Yesterday a swap of trams was made.  The replacement tram is driven to
Central by a maintenance techo ahead of the tram to be withdrawn, the crews
swap-over and the techo returns the withdrawn tram to the depot.  This has
now become a regular occurrence.

With trams running to a 8/9 minute headway it is quite possible to see four
in Hay Street over a ten minute period. But it is not normal (it can happen
though) for two in service trams to be at Central together.  When 6 trams
are in service, the Up and Down trams usually pass near George to Pitt
Streets block.

Ted