Re: April Digest - congrats Max Michell

"Grahame Ferguson" <grahamef@users.mcmedia.com.au> wrote:

> I would like to congratulare Max Michell on his article 'Great Rail Setbacks
> of the Century' in this month's Railway Digest.

Actually it seemed like a shallow treatment of complex topics with
nothing other but 20/20 hindsight applied.

Having lived through a number of the "events", it certainly seemed at
the time that there adequately sound reasons to pursue the courses of
action that were implemented.

As for some of the throw away lines, like "corrupt" american practices
etc, they are not irrelevant, but wrong in fact, indicating a paucity
of real research.

Cheers,

Bill

Bill Bolton