Re: [QLD] 2800 Locos

 > Lately, however, I have noticed that these trains are using either 22xx
> locos or rebuilt 21xx locos.  I also noticed the Inlander service at the
> Townsville station one evening (for service to Mt Isa).  This service
> normally uses a 28xx loco, but it also has a 21xx loco on the front.

> In both cases, 28xx locos are being used for freight work.  Is there any
> reason as to why this is happening?  Feedback would be appreciated.

AFAIK, 2800's were taken off the Inlander due to the ATP (Automatic Train
Protection) system which was installed on the locos, and was causing delays
to the service.  Clydes do not have ATP, and are thus not affected.
For a description of ATP, and how it's causing the delay, I shall do my
impression of a 5/8, and pass the ball to Darryl (QR Driver) in Townsville.
:-)

--
John McCandless
Cloncurry Qld Au