Re: Derailment at Hurstville (coal train)

steam3801 <anon@anon.com.au> wrote in message
| Looks like leading engine at precarious sideways angle - just spotted
| it as I was coming over the road bridge - couldn't stop because of
| traffic.
| Getting camera - going back to see if I can get a few shots

Around 14:30, 8646+8627+8633+8647+empty coal wagons were still standing on
the Up Illawarra Local with the locos just north of the platform.  8646 with
the trailing bogie in the dirt and 8627 with the leading bogie in the dirt.
Perhaps fortunately, the rear of the train was clear of the Up Illawarra.

An 80 class was waiting on the Down at Penshurst and all trains were running
via the Up Illawarra between Hurstville and Mortdale.

The evening peak will be interesting!

Rgds,