Re: Sydney Light Rail - March 2001

In article <r8WA6.1034$482.5077@newsfeeds.bigpond.com>,
Ted Gay <tedgay@bigpond.com> wrote:

>> What's the effect on headways Ted?
>>
>> Chris
>>
>Little if any difference, the aim is for a 9 minute headway, i.e. a 45
>minute loop.  When 6 trams were in service there were two points where a
>tram had to wait for the up/down service to arrive, to assist with timing.
>Now it is go as hard as possible with an occasional hold at Central or
>Lilyfield.

 Any idea how the maintence program changed when the extension opened ?,
with the trams now getting to 'stretch their legs' on the open line,
I assume different wear patterns are appearing on the running gear. With
the effort now to speed up loop encouraging drivers to run harder, things
might change again.
 I assume this change will mean the average trip duration will be slightly
shorter as with out the holds, the trip should run quicker.