Re: Comments posted on this ng, by myself

"Greg Rudd" <grudd@mail.usyd.edu.au> wrote in message
3ACCFC07.F969D88B@mail.usyd.edu.au">news:3ACCFC07.F969D88B@mail.usyd.edu.au...

> But these people are posting to the newsgroups (which effectively are chat
rooms in
> the new internet speak) in their own time and as private citizens

I suppose it depends on how something is said. If someone says something
like "I work for State Rail and all passengers are arseholes" then State
Rail would probably have the right to say something to them.

If, on the other hand, it was something like "I work for a rail organisation
and all passengers are arseholes" then maybe not, as they could work for
anyone (a freight operator? Of course passengers are arseholes, since
passenger trains delay freight trains) and they are not bringing their
employer down.

Dave