RE: [MELB] City Loop issues

>Dave, thanks for such a suggestion and I trust you will tell our
>(Burnley group) customers that their City Loop trains in the morning
>peak have all been altered to run Flinders Street direct then City Loop
>and vice versa for arvo peak.  Oh before you do that, don't forget to
>check your "life insurance" and wear something that will give you ** A
>LOT OF ** protection - Turst me, you will need it!!  Also just in case
>you're not aware, majority of our customers travel to and from Loop
>stations - my estimation is 75% Loop and 25% Flinders Street.

Isn't Flinders St still easily the busiest station?

Its probably a majority going to the three underground stations, but if you
cut out the lengthy stop at Flinders St, the people going to Flagstaff are
no
worse off, and the people going to Spencer are postively better off.

But the communities on the affected lines should be involved in these sorts
of
decisions. Theyre their lines, after all.

Vaughan Williams
Secretary
Public Transport Users Association
247 Flinders Lane