Re: Record complaints for NSW rail services

"paul" <paulwatts@xoptushome.com.au> wrote in message
3acc34a9.10888066@news">news:3acc34a9.10888066@news...
> On Tue, 3 Apr 2001 04:29:12 +1000, "Nathan Cox" <nathan1@ihug.com.au>
> wrote:
>
> >Well if people didnt hold up the trains, maybe they'd run a bit
better.How
> >many times have I pulled into a station and the doors are about to close,
> >and some fuckwit starts running down the stairs, so you hold the train by
30
> >seconds, well if the guard does that at a few stations then naturally the
> >train will be late.
> >
> >People know to get to the station 10 mins prior to their train, so they
can
> >purchase their ticket and get to the right platform.But most passengers
are
> >stupid, cant read indicator boards, or large signs, saying put your
ticket
> >thru  the machines.No wonder the station staff are argressive.Look what
we
> >have to put up with.
> >

> The majority of them aren't fuckwits, although of course some do
> exist. But pretty well all of them want to get where they are going,
> and want to get there now. Some behave in a hostile manner when things
> don't go perfectly for them.

to be fair, if a train is due out at 0810, and it is 2 minutes late, why
should it wait for someone running down the steps at 0812? If the train had
been on time, they would have missed the train anyway! Why should they be
rewarded for being late?

Dave