Re: STN's

On Thu, 5 Apr 2001 17:57:53 +1000, "Dave Proctor"
<daproc@spambait.ozemail.com.au> wrote:

>"Kevin Sewell" <kevinsewell@optusnet.com.au> wrote in message
>3acc231c$0$25510$7f31c96c@news01.syd.optusnet.com.au">news:3acc231c$0$25510$7f31c96c@news01.syd.optusnet.com.au...
>> Is there copyright on STN's? And is there anybody with access to them who
>> would be prepared to scan to their web site so that they could be
>downloaded
>> and printed by those without access to them? They could be deleted after
>the
>> date applicable.
>> While there are plenty of STN's detailing special movements for trackwork
>> etc. which are of limited interest, the more interesting ones are the
>> steam/special passenger trains. Even the non-passenger could be of use for
>> unusual movement photography.
>> The rest of us would be very appreciative!

They still carry a notation to the effect of "for the information of
SRA employees only and not for publication."

Unless you know someone who goes through every STN (signallers and
DM's at large locations need to look at each and every one), or are
able to get every one of them (1200 or so a year) yourself, you'll
have a hard time finding this information from STN's anyway.

I'd have thought that 3801 and other operators of historic runs would
publicise their trains on a website. I'd see this as a more
appropriate way of obtaining information on steam and heritage runs.

paul x is the spam filter