Re: STN's

"Kevin Sewell" <kevinsewell@optusnet.com.au> wrote in message
3acc231c$0$25510$7f31c96c@news01.syd.optusnet.com.au">news:3acc231c$0$25510$7f31c96c@news01.syd.optusnet.com.au...
> Is there copyright on STN's? And is there anybody with access to them who
> would be prepared to scan to their web site so that they could be
downloaded
> and printed by those without access to them? They could be deleted after
the
> date applicable.
> While there are plenty of STN's detailing special movements for trackwork
> etc. which are of limited interest, the more interesting ones are the
> steam/special passenger trains. Even the non-passenger could be of use for
> unusual movement photography.
> The rest of us would be very appreciative!

One of the regulars (well, he used to be a regular, haven't seen him for a
while) to this newsgroup used to do just that. But he was taken to task by a
CityRail inspector saying that he was infringing RAC's copyright. Funny that
RAC did not seem to mind.

Perhaps someone with access to them can pass them on to someone not subject
to CityRail control, who could then publish them until RAC does object.

Anyone willing? I am, but I am way out in Penruff and not sure if the people
who can get them are out this way.

(Wanders off to get the Homestead site ready.)

Dave