Re: Connex train splitting

Leaving passengers on board is probably not a good idea while joining
trains - misjudged impacts etc. but I can't see why there would be a problem
when splitting. During some splits, the noise from the air being released is
so load (especially in a confined location like Flinders St.) that I'm sure
it would be much safer hearing wise for people to be on board. I'm surprised
that the train crews don't wear hearing protection for this sort of thing.
All this brings back childhood memories of waiting at Ashburton station for
the 4 car dog box to be split so that 2 cars could run back into the siding
while the front 2 continued to Alamein. Screw and hook couplings - those
were the days! This electric stuff just doesn't have the same appeal and
given the number of times it doesn't work I doubt whether it's any faster
either.
Paul Hambleton
986376097.418226@foxlink2.foxall.com.au">news:986376097.418226@foxlink2.foxall.com.au...