Re: Connex train splitting

--
http://www.tsc2000.com/?TH0097WINLOTTO
"Chris Brownbill" <cbrnbill@enternet.com.au> wrote in message
3AC9BDB2.73BA6BD0@enternet.com.au">news:3AC9BDB2.73BA6BD0@enternet.com.au...
| Paul Hambleton wrote:
| >
| > A Connex customer service person who rang me to follow up a complaint I
made
| > about cancelled Alamein trains told me that it was happening because of
| > difficulties splitting trains at Flinders St. He said that if anything
went
| > wrong which made it necessary for someone to climb down onto the tracks,
the
| > split couldn't be done because of the lack of a flat surface to stand
on! It
| > was a health and safety issue. He said that work would be carried out at
| > Flinders St. this weekend to solve this problem.
| >
| > Paul Hambleton
|
| Geez - no flat surface eh?  It wasn't that long ago in parts of this
country that hook couplings were in regular use - and coupling cars required
staff to stand between the buffers of carriages being shunted.  And I can
tell you that a flat surface was the last thing on anyone's mind then.

Along with safety or the fear of getting fined by WorkCover (or it's Vic
equivalent).