Re: AP to Darwin on hold "YET AGAIN"

Maurie Daly <mauried@tpg.com.au> wrote in message
3ac67c5d.3116165@can-news.tpg.com.au">news:3ac67c5d.3116165@can-news.tpg.com.au...
<snipped>
Good idea, makes it all somewhat transparent. Of course the excise collected
by each mode would have to be spent on each mode's infrastructure.
Considering the road user charge appears to be for maintenance, not capital
(ie for makeing new bridges and new pavement strong enough for 40T trucks)
then in a fair world the ARTC capex projects would also need to be publicly
funded?