Re: Pakenham line

"Andrew Box" <boxy@bigpond.net.au> wrote in message
PnfB5.7533$Nr3.24885@news-server.bigpond.net.au">news:PnfB5.7533$Nr3.24885@news-server.bigpond.net.au...
> To be honest i cant really see the reason for refurbishing and buying new
> trains ones b/c they're only gunna get vandalized.  About 15 years ago the

(Note, sarcasm alert)

Yeah, they shouldn't bother cleaning them either - people only make them
dirty again. After all, it's only complete slobs and losers who travel by
train.

> comeng trains would have been in good condition, just look at them now,
> most of them r totaly stuffed b/c people slash the seats, draw on the

Actually, it's ages since I've encountered a slashed seat. I think grafitti
and littering are more fashionable nowadays.

> walls/carpet and kick out the windows.  I really think the train compaines
> should replace ALL the windows in the doors with those plastic inserts b/c
> they're much easier to replace and probably cheaper than a glass window.

And great for keeping the wind and rain out!

> Video cameras in the carrages will make abosolutly no diff b/c the vandals
> dont give a shit.

Evidence.

> The only way to clean up the trains and make them safe
> would be to put CSRs on them late at night.

Yes, agreed.

There is justice sometimes. Last Friday night I caught the last Frankston
train home with my girlfriend. We swapped carriages to avoid a bunch of loud
teenagers shouting, smoking, and one of whom had taken his pants off because
they were wet. When we got off the train, this group were trying
unsuccessfully to explain their actions to three cops. :-)

Daniel
--
Daniel Bowen, Melbourne, Australia
dbowen@custard.REMOVE.net.au