Re: Pakenham line

In article <PnfB5.7533$Nr3.24885@news-server.bigpond.net.au>,
  "Andrew Box" <boxy@bigpond.net.au> wrote:
> "John Elliott" <jae3806@usa.net> wrote in message
> YQXA5.60537$c5.167040@newsfeeds.bigpond.com">news:YQXA5.60537$c5.167040@newsfeeds.bigpond.com...
> To be honest i cant really see the reason for refurbishing and buying
new
> trains ones b/c they're only gunna get vandalized.

That's why the refurbished Connex Comengs have less structures, seats
are less comfortable compared with old rolling stocks, this is to go
against vandalism. Same with Cityrail's Tangara having very stiff
seats. I assume those new Siemens and Alstom trams/trains would be less
comfortable then current trains. Also Hitachis are getting old, require
replacement.

I think those newly refurbished Comengs might have extra strength for
agaisnt damage window/window frame.

> Video cameras in the carrages will make abosolutly no diff b/c the
vandals
> dont give a shit.
They do help to catch them.

> The only way to clean up the trains and make them safe
> would be to put CSRs on them late at night.
Totally agree. At least one CSR per train would do a lot of help and
make passengers feel safer.

--
Cheers

RR3