Bathurst during olympics

Today, 28/9/00, I took advantage of the Olympic timetable for the Blue
Mountains line.
I tried out the hourly service from Katoomba to Bathurst and return, with
success.
Even buses ran early and had to wait at some stations.
General feedback from bus drivers, and some train guards who work the Blue
Mountains line, is that CityRail should keep the frequent bus connections to
Bathurst, as it is popular with passengers.
Normally, you have to change at Lithgow for a once in a blue moon
Countrylink bus, not to mention you have to book seats, if they are
available.
With the Olympic timetable, no need to book seats, just buy a ticket and
travel.
Maybe CityRail should electrify the line to Bathurst instead of cutting the
electrification at Mt. Victoria, as it has been rumoured.
Bathurst is now part of the CityRail area and is a much larger town then
Lithgow or even Mt. Victoria.
On the subject of trains to Bathurst, I remember there once was a direct
service to/from Central and Bathurst a long time ago.
Can anyone remember:
1. What sort of train was it?
2. What days and times did it run?
3. When did the service cease to run?