Re: Bathurst during olympics

This is from my 31/05/1987 Greater Sydney System Timetables:

> 1. What sort of train was it?
2 or 3 compartment wooden cars in candy livery.  I don't know their codes.
Usually hauled by a 48 or a 49 west of Lithgow (except on 26/01/88 per my
other post).
Originally a 46 over the mountains but later an 86.
Multiple locos was not unknown (did an 85 ever get a run?)

> 2. What days and times did it run?
Bathurst - Sydney (AM) and Sydney - Bathurst (PM).  Started in Orange Monday
AM and finished in Orange Friday PM.
It ran Mondays to Fridays including public Holidays.
The times I have are:
Lithgow    0747
Katoomba    0832/0833
Penrith    0931/0932 (set down only)
Parramatta    0954/0955 (set down only)
Strathfield    1007/1008 (set down only)
Sydney Terminal    1022

Sydney Terminal    1825
Strathfield    1836/1837 (pick up only)
Parramatta    1850 (pick up only)
Penrith    1914 (pick up only)
Katoomba    2011/2012
Lithgow    2055/2103

> 3. When did the service cease to run?
Fairly early into Greiner's reign I imagine. CountryLink coaches had already
taken most non-XPT traffic between Lithgow and Orange when I lived in
Bathurst in 1987/88 so the writing was on the wall then.

Chris

XTEA5.59961$c5.166158@newsfeeds.bigpond.com">news:XTEA5.59961$c5.166158@newsfeeds.bigpond.com...