Re: NSW - Is it time for one timetable?

I certainly wouldn't mind. On weekends as well, most of the 4-car T
sets that run around are almost fully loaded out of the City. I think
it sends a message to CityRail that people WANT to use trains on
weekends as well, but wheher CR wants to run trains on weekends that's
another issue.

A reduced peak timetable could run, i.e. sans the very fast suburban
Penrith to City (Parramatta then express to Redfern) trains.

I don't know. Wait and see what happens. Rumours are that the Olympic
timetable may be refined in the very near future to run as a normal
timetable--obviously sans the high-frequency Central/Blacktown to
Olympic Park trains (and have the current one scrapped!). However some
issues do exist with the Olympic timetable... here they are:

* Berala & Regent's Park: what are we going to do with these 2
stations? Although it's only 2 stations, it really has 2 lines running
through it (Liverpool via Villawood, Bankstown circuit). I'd love to
see it bustituted forever, but obviously some residents might not be
too happy

* Homebush station shutdown also caused an uproar. The Olympic
timetable makes no provisions at all for trains to stop there (even
with the generous timing provided at Strathfield).

* Permanently have Newcastle (interurban) and Gosford (suburban) trains
running ever 0.5hrs? It'd sound good (and it'd be good too!) as
normally 6-car V sets that come down to Sydney or up to NTL are very
well loaded (with pensioners though). And not many people know about
the Gosford trains. They only treat it as another fast north sububran!!
And where are they going to stop? Keep their Concord West stops (i'd
love them to!) or go back to the old trick of alternating the Newcastle
trains at Epping/Eastwood? (not much point if fast north suburban
trains coexist with the all-stops)

* permanently run inner-west local trains to Ashfield only and stop
another Blacktown train at Croydon (down) or Campbelltown train (up) at
Croydon??? (again, i don't mind. only means changing once more!)

some feedback would make great discussion, and let's see how much of
the olympic timetable actually will stay in the case that they are
going to "redefine train travel in sydney" after the games!

Hubert

In article <39cf0e6b@news.iprimus.com.au>,
  "Erk" <erk@erkV69.au.com> wrote:
> During the Olympics, CityRail has been running the same timetable for
> everyday, including the weekends. Do you think that it is about time
that
> the same timetable is used everyday? To give you an example, I can
catch on
> weekdays a Blue Mountains train at 1411 and 1432 (using the pre-
Olympic
> timetable) but during the weekends the trains are at 1402 and 1502.
During
> the Olympic timetable, the trains around 1400 would be 1348, 1418,
1448.

> Comments?
>
> --
> Eric