Re: Vic, NthEast line

Oh! it was bad all right
-----------__--------------________________-----_______________________
_______---______________-----------------------______-----------------------
----

every few meters one rail or the other would banana outwards a little, and
then when you found a mudhole, the "normal" side to side slapping motion
would very quickly change into a rotation as the locomotive dived on
compressed springs only to find another lateral diversion and start the side
to side action again.This of course put more strain on the infrastructure
than it was designed for, and the few gangers left had no chance to repair
the cancer as it spread all the way up to the border. Regular mechanised
gangs will need to be rostered to cope with the tonnages that seem to be
increasing fairly steadily on the Melbourne Sydney Trunk.
Mud holes are a problem this year as we have had heaps of rain. Whilst the
rest of Victoria is in drought, we are very waterlogged, and the good old
Murray shoud get a good flushing this year!
Also earthworks are nearly in place and track is being laid in Violet Town
and Benalla, to extend the cripple roads.
Rod [comtrain]
Click here for Free Video!!
http://www.gohip.com/free_video/

39cfdd9b@news.iprimus.com.au">news:39cfdd9b@news.iprimus.com.au...