Re: Vic, NthEast line

-Unfortunately their are no roads long enough to stable this machine. ARTC
-called a tender to extend the existing cripple roads, but the Company that
-won the job, apparently, reckons they did not quote on the necessary earth
-works. Rail and concrete sleepers have been delivered to each loop, but
-nothing has been done yet! Would not like to be payting for that Grinder,
-have it sitting in Melbourne, not doing anything.

This is not good, you would have thought that somebody had known this and
extended the cripple tracks prior to ordering the grinder.

Also, just this weekend I had a muse at the workings at Barnawartha and
south of Chiltern, and I have to say that the track is looking really
stuffed.  It appears that the mud holes have caused the rail to sink badly.
I dont think it was this bad before the works?

Regards,
Michael P