Illawara Tangaras

I am a regular passenger on the Illawarra and North Shore services and
I know a little bit about trains.

Getting to the point...

1. Are there actually any Tangaras servicing the Illawara line? Exactly
how many of the 20-odd Sector 1 T-sets run on the Illawara line? (not
during games period)

The only Tangaras I've seen on this line seem to be only for the
intercity services.

i.e. during the peak hours

-the single Martin Place - Thirroul service (8 car T-Set always)

-the three Martin Place to Port Kembla services
(two 4 car G-Set or 4 car T-Set and one 8 car T/G-Set mixed - never
seen an 8 car G-set in the past few years on this run)

i.e. during the day

-some 4 car G/T-Set on the Dapto - Sydney Terminal service in lieu of V-
Sets (common)

-rarely one/two 8 car T-sets do the Bondi Junction - Waterfall service
on a LUCKY day

-sometimes T-sets run in lieu of L/V-sets between Waterfall-Thirroul-
Port Kembla intercity services

i.e. Weekends

-some Bondi Junct - Waterfall services done by 4 car T-sets

-Bondi Junction to Central only service (after 6pm) are 4 car T-sets
Maybe it's the same train.....

Also I have yet to see a Tangara do the Bondi Junction - Cronulla
service or the Bondi Junct - Hurstville/Mortdale/Sutherland (all stops)
service.

Cronulla services are always crappy 8 car S-sets
(weekdays/weekends/night services)while the Waterfall/All Stops
services are mostly R-sets (extremely packed trains in peak hour)
Cityrail is crazy to run 6 cars trains in high peak.

In contrast when I interchange at Town Hall for a North Shore service,
I always get to travel in a G/T set Tangara or an K set (old train with
a/c!) and during the peak hours sometimes an R/S set from
Penrith/Richmond. Hornsby via Strathfield services are especially
good - always an G/T set.
On weekends Hornsby suburban services are sometimes 4 car G-sets ...
very cool

Something fishy here.....

2. Will a/c eventually be fitted for the old Illawara R/S-sets like the
K-sets?

3. Will any of the new 4GT trains service the Illawarra line or are
they only for Sector 3 like the K-sets? (i.e. for the new Paramatta -
Chatswood link)

Sent via Deja.com http://www.deja.com/
Before you buy.