Re: QLD - Integrated Bus-Rail Services & Ticketing--->??

> Is there any real demand for integrated bus-rail services in QLD?
Yes! not everyone lives next to the railway line, besides all mode
ticket like what Melbourne/Adelaide have would encourage people to take
public transport.Also places like Samford Village, Dayboro Woodford can
be benifit by good co-ordinate public transport system.

> Yes I know it captures a good headline in the papers to bag QLD for
> not having a "transit authority" governing both trains and buses - but
> really, do people want it??
If they did it the right way, yes.

> I am astounded that the few integrated ticket products that are in
> place are, I'm told, the lowest selling tickets in the product range.
I think the cost is not competitive with other options, also not many
people know about such ticket. Example the South East Explorer cost 20+
and Day rover ticket is quite costly as well.

 > What is it about integration -----> a good crest to ride in bagging
> the operators?  A good crest to ride in bagging the government?? OR a
> genuine need of the majority of people, NOT just the vocal minority!!
Integration, if did it properly will encourage people to use public
transport, and would benifit all the operators involved. At the same
time simplify/save time for users without having to buy tickets all the
time.

> I wonder with genuine people power if we would ever see such a thing
> ---> I think not because I firmly believe the majority are not
> passionate about it, the majority just couldn't care. It seems that it
> is only the vocal MINORITY that writes to the papers and pollies to
> stress that there is a REAL need, by a LOT of people.
The problem is integrate/multi-mode ticket may not benifit to all the
operators..finacially.

--
Cheers

RR3