Re: Multiple trains at level crossing

Riverstone has 4 trains per hr cross, and sometimes the traffic is banked up
for 1.5km behind it. (For thoes who know the area, I live on George st(Near
the pool), and during school peak and PM peak it can benk up back to there.)

--
----------
Paul Jones

"David Johnson" <trainman@ozemail.com.au> wrote in message
39CD5438.9C693DD9@ozemail.com.au">news:39CD5438.9C693DD9@ozemail.com.au...
> Chris Brownbill wrote:
>
> > Well, today I broke my record for the number of trains passing through a
level
> > crossing while waiting to drive across - FIVE on a two track crossing.
> >
> > At 10:45am at Macaulay Rd Kensington (Melbourne) we got an Up Broady
local,
> > followed by an Up Show Special, then a Down Show Special then an Up Hoys
> > Shepparton pass then a down Broady local - all within about 4 minutes
without
> > the booms raising and with front-row seats.
> >
> > 2yo daughter in the back seat whose idea of fun is stopping at an LC
while
> > trains cross was in heaven - dad not too sad either.
> >
> > Can anyone top that on a two track cossing (or any number of tracks for
that
> > matter)?
>
> What exactly are these level crossings you referring to?  Are they like
bridges
> which we use in Sydney?   I think I have heard of level crossings - Don't
they use
> them on low traffic branchlines, or low traffic roads?
>
> Seriously, the only level crossing in Sydney which is worth talking about
is at
> Fairfield.  The rest of them hardly see any trains (Richmond line,
Parramatta