Re: Multiple trains at level crossing

Chris Brownbill wrote:

> Well, today I broke my record for the number of trains passing through a level
> crossing while waiting to drive across - FIVE on a two track crossing.
>
> At 10:45am at Macaulay Rd Kensington (Melbourne) we got an Up Broady local,
> followed by an Up Show Special, then a Down Show Special then an Up Hoys
> Shepparton pass then a down Broady local - all within about 4 minutes without
> the booms raising and with front-row seats.
>
> 2yo daughter in the back seat whose idea of fun is stopping at an LC while
> trains cross was in heaven - dad not too sad either.
>
> Can anyone top that on a two track cossing (or any number of tracks for that
> matter)?

What exactly are these level crossings you referring to?  Are they like bridges
which we use in Sydney?   I think I have heard of level crossings - Don't they use
them on low traffic branchlines, or low traffic roads?

Seriously, the only level crossing in Sydney which is worth talking about is at
Fairfield.  The rest of them hardly see any trains (Richmond line, Parramatta
Road), or if they have a few trains, they hardly have any cars (Casula,
Liverpool).

--
David Johnson
trainman@ozemail.com.au