Re: [NSW] 4GT/Millenium Trains and the DKT's, DKM's

<maikha_l@hotmail.com> wrote in message 8qa3bo$6aq$1@nnrp1.deja.com">news:8qa3bo$6aq$1@nnrp1.deja.com...
> To all
>
> A topic was raised in one of the messages on the 4GT or the Millenium
> Trains.
> I reckon the train will change its name because 2001 is past the new
> millenium (well past the start anyway).
> If you can imagine State Rail having a competition for a name for
> its "New Tangara Carriages" and than having a change in State
> Government (Hopefully not Kerry Chikarovski) than there's something
> strange here!

There won't be a name change--at least i hope. There already has been
brochures about the "Millennium Train".
Technically (and mathematically), 2001 is the beginning of the new
millennium and new century. However we won't go into the intricacies of this
as this is more maths and nothing rail related (and also stop the
possibility of people arguing for years).

> I learnt from a friend that the new V-SET Carriages in 1988 (DKM's and
> DKT's), the order was reduced by the new government and made it look
> like the normal fleet of V's.
>

> I'm sure us rail enthusiasts don't want the 4gt or whatever you like to
> call them to turn out like the DKT's and DKM's, right?
>

> Cheers
> Maikha "V" Ly
> http://www.geocities.com/microchip_689
> P.S. Have any of yous rode in a DK carriage before? The seats are like
> Tangara's!

the seats are nowhere near the T set seats. They've only got a gap in
between the seats, whereas the rest of the V set fleets don't.