Re: [NSW] Observations from a CityRail client (semi-long).

"David Bradshaw" <davidbradshaw@my-deja.com> wrote in message
> I have used CityRail quite a few times over recent days, mainly in
> connection with the Olympics or travelling to the city with my Olympic
> tickets. I am not a railway employee, nor do I photograph trains etc,
> though I do take some interest in railway infrastructure. Here are some
> observations and comments from a Cityrail client:
>
> * Trains are generally clean and pleasant. One city circle train
> carriage was quite extensively grafitied ('tags' appeared to be
> similar), though generally trains are cleared of junk and respectable.
> I hope they keep up any additional cleaning of trains, particularly as
> they move through the network.

Post Olympics - Gone. Not only that they'll probably cut back on cleaning
and graffitti removal (as they did before the Olympics) to try and recover
the costs and loss of revenue.

> * Stations have appeared to be quite spick-and-span. Nice to see
> cleaners in green outfits working on station and keeping it
> respectable. Once again, keep it up.

Post Olympics - gone. Garbage bins *should* come back unless they decide to
do a north sydney.

> * Trains have been running efficiantly and frequently.

Post Olympics - gone. Back to the tight timetable which doesn't work.

> * Staff are generally friendly and helpful. Additional staff at major
> stations have helped directing patrons and answering questions.

Post Olympics - gone. No bonus, no smile  :-)

> Congratulations to all who have contributed to the success of the train
> system so far. Keep it up!!!

I wasn't going to, but since you've been so nice.......