Re: bonus for cityrail

"Marc Hunt" <march@pip.com.au> wrote in message 39cd8f9f@news">news:39cd8f9f@news...
> Call me cynic if like, but just why are we paying ShittyRail Exec's,

Absolutely no idea, they're overpaid parasites already.

>Drivers
> and Guards bonuses anyway ?

So we'll let them change our work and holiday rosters, so we won't take sick
leave, even if sick. So we'll let them use and abuse us as they like during
the games to keep the trains moving.

> Why do overpaid Government employees deserve bonuses for doing the job
they
> are paid quite well for anyway ?

Drivers aren't overpaid and we're doing moere than we're normally paid to
do, ergo the bonus.

> Just exactly who decided to pay this particular ransom ? and why ?

The Labor council negotiated a $1.50ph bonus for all public servants. The
Union then got the extra $4ph as an industrial payment as we were expected
to do more than most. It was all in exchange for the original $100 per day
payment originally claimed.

> Am I right in assuming that if the ransom wasn't paid that ShittyRail
> employee's wouldn't do the job they are paid to do ?.

No, you're 100% wrong. They would've done3 exactly what they were paid for.
Then there wouldn't have been enough trains to work the Olympic timetable.

> And if not, wouldn't ShittyRail management be in the right to dismiss them
> in wholesale lots if necessary ?

See above. But I see you've got the Peter Wreath jackboot approach to
industrial relations. That'd be a great way to run the Olympics. Thank god
someone like you's not in charge.

> Or for the sake of a two week sports field day we agreed (by proxy) to pay
> ransom so that the world wouldn't see just how pathetic the rail system
was
> in the first place ?

Basically, yes, it saves the government and managements arse.

> Call me a cynic if you wish and flame away all you like but I can't be the
> only person in the country who feels "ripped off" by this practice.

Poor boy.

> And I may say that ShittyRail isn't the only example of this Olympic money
> grab, for which my feelings are the same, they should feel ashamed of the
> blatant greed they have shown in the face of every service using member of
> the public

Instead I'll think of how lucky those people are to be getting their trains
around with record numbers and few problems.