Re: olympic transport system

WBrueckman wrote:

> I'm glad to hear that everything is going reasonably well with the Olympic
> Transport System in Sydney.  When I worked at the Atlanta Olympics we had our
> share of problems of which everyone is well aware.  One of the real tests is
> coming up though;  the Paralympics which follows the Olympics.

I'd agree with that.  Train crews will be working increased hours with a much
increased workload, but there will be zero financial incentive.  I can see a lot of
train crews going sick.  I wonder if CityRail will be providing lunch packs for the
paralympics?

>  The crowds will
> not be as big, but there will be an enormous amount of handicapped people
> trying to contend with the transport system;  and people in wheelchairs cannot
> move as quickly as the able-bodies.

That would probably explain why so many stations are getting wheelchair ramps
installed in locked up boxes.

--
David Johnson
trainman@ozemail.com.au