Re: Olympic Park Station Crowd Control

In article <39BE093E.5E9E08E5@iprimus.com.au>,
  Anita Lukaszyk <neety@iprimus.com.au> wrote:

> antstig@my-deja.com wrote:
> >
> > Does anyone have any worries about crowd control at Olympic Park
> > Station?
>
> No.

There could be problems of passengers blocking back at the entrance to
the station.

> > Are platforms 1 and 4 large enough to cope with crowds leaving the
> > stadiums?
>
> Yes. They managed to cope with the large number of people for the
> Bledisloe Cup a few weeks back.

Surely there will be more crowds at the Olympics than at the Bledisloe
Cup?

> > Shouldn't the central platforms which look larger be used instead
for
> > the envenings and platfroms 1 and 4 for exits and then vice versa in
> > the morning?
>
> They are not larger. During the Bledisloe Cup (and probably the
Games),
> the middle platforms are used for incoming passengers, and the outer
> for the outgoing passengers.

When you say incoming passengers do you mean incoming to Olympic Park
or to the station?

> > I wonder how any disruptions affecting the shared lines will have a
> > knock on effect on trains going to OP.
> >
> > Is there any strategy in how trains are going to be prioritised on
the
> > shared lines?
>
> I think Olympic trains will have priority.
>
> > Sorry for all these questions but I'm curious and a little uneasy.
>
> I hope I was of some help.

Thanks and I hope you don't mind the further questions.

Regards

Frank
> Anita Lukaszyk
> neety@iprimus.com.au