Re: Olympic Park Station Crowd Control

antstig@my-deja.com wrote:

> Does anyone have any worries about crowd control at Olympic Park
> Station?

No.

> Are platforms 1 and 4 large enough to cope with crowds leaving the
> stadiums?

Yes. They managed to cope with the large number of people for the
Bledisloe Cup a few weeks back.

> Shouldn't the central platforms which look larger be used instead for
> the envenings and platfroms 1 and 4 for exits and then vice versa in
> the morning?

They are not larger. During the Bledisloe Cup (and probably the Games),
the middle platforms are used for incoming passengers, and the outer
for the outgoing passengers.

> I wonder how any disruptions affecting the shared lines will have a
> knock on effect on trains going to OP.
>
> Is there any strategy in how trains are going to be prioritised on the
> shared lines?

I think Olympic trains will have priority.

> Sorry for all these questions but I'm curious and a little uneasy.

I hope I was of some help.

--
Anita Lukaszyk
neety@iprimus.com.au