Re: [NSW] Derailment

What a mess! On my visit on Thursday (on official business to check the
damaged leaky coax for the radio system), there were 2 NRs + 2 wagons (one
with a new bogie) attached to a long and strong tow rope to some overturned
wagons in the tunnel with the NRs trying to drag these things out. Not much
luck. Apparently an axle failed, derailing the wagon behind, which dragged
for 3-4km then came to greif inside the tunnel absolutely jamming 5 or so
loaded steel wagons in all directions in the tunnel. Crane access is very
limited, the whole thing will be a slow and fairly manual process. Many
trains are stowed along the coast, with Endeavour set E5 sitting at Dungog.

--
Robert Parnell
Rail Access/Argus Telecommunications Technician,

oi_s5.575508$MB.8633732@news6.giganews.com">news:oi_s5.575508$MB.8633732@news6.giganews.com...