Re: Signaller causes SPAD

In article <39b81ab2@news.iprimus.com.au>,
  "Russell Norton" <russelln@iprimus.com.au> wrote:

> The reason signallers are *required* to be tested following a
controlled
> signal spad, is because the resultant investigation may reveal the
signaller
> threw the stick back to stop in front of the train, and if this
action was
> unjustified there could be allegations the signaller was not in a fit
and
> proper condition to take charge of a signal box.

If disciplinary action was taken against every signal operator who
throw a stick back in our faces there would not be very many S/Os left
in the control room!

The signal operators on my line (I drive trains in the UK) get away
with murder. If we drivers were to make as many mistakes (especially
concerning safety) we would lose our tickets (UK for licience).

Also I've never heard of any of our Signal Operators breath tested for
throwing sticks back but then not many drivers AFAIK are either.

Regards

Frank

Sent via Deja.com http://www.deja.com/
Before you buy.