Re: Signaller causes SPAD

"Jack" <dave60@dingoblue.net.au> wrote in message
39b5f77f$0$26529$7f31c96c@news01.syd.optusnet.com.au">news:39b5f77f$0$26529$7f31c96c@news01.syd.optusnet.com.au...
> Hi Russell
>
> Russell Norton <russelln@iprimus.com.au> wrote in message
>

> > In all cases of SPAD's occurring at controlled signals (whether the
cause
> is
> > attributed to the driver, signaller, or other), the signaller concerned
is
> > required to be breath tested, in addition to the driver.
> >

> Nah not every one Russell..... I had an occasion a couple of weeks ago
where
> the starter went back... I was travellin at 130 kmh...

Bet that 48er was rocking around eh Jack :^)

But seriously, I said what is *required* to happen (obviously dependant on
if it is reported). Although, as stated in previous postings, even when a
controlled signal spad is reported, the driver gets breath tested, but there
are many times the signaller does not.

The reason signallers are *required* to be tested following a controlled
signal spad, is because the resultant investigation may reveal the signaller
threw the stick back to stop in front of the train, and if this action was
unjustified there could be allegations the signaller was not in a fit and
proper condition to take charge of a signal box.

Russ.