Re: 4204 too heavy

The LVR have been looking at this problem- even if only enough fuel was
taken to get it to Blayney, where it could be refuelled it would still be
just over the allowable 19 tonne axle weight imposed on the section. I
suppose it could be done by also limiting the amount of sand, cooling water
& lube oil, with these being refreshed at Blayney, if we really wanted to
but frankly this would be a major pain in the butt.

I think more interestingly a severe speed limit is still imposed on our 42ft
Railmotors as say a 44 class. 6 tonne axle load against 18 for the 44 yet
the same speed applies. Somewhere deep in the bowels of RAC & RSA someone
dreamt it up.

One final point the 42 class will NOT be working for LVRF or any other
operator- It is purely & simply a museum engine. It was used to help clear
the aftermath of the Bendick Murrill derailment as it was the nearest engine
available to assist in reopening of the line. Quite frankly, we the members
who maintain it don't want the guts pulled out of it in quest of the
almighty dollar. The 47's are a different story, being specifically
purchased as freight engines in order to subsidise the heritage operation.

FDSx5.11$Jt5.3317@news0.optus.net.au">news:FDSx5.11$Jt5.3317@news0.optus.net.au...