Melbourne-->Wollongong Saturday 16/9

XPT was rather full today even in first class. A contrast to what i saw
last week. Left Melbourne on time and slowly glide through Northern
suburban.

XP2008 and XP2010 was in charge.

Observed trains:

While waiting at Spencer Street station I saw R711 backed from Dynon
direction onto the front of the WestCoaster.

745 Kyneton Sprinter experienced problem with its front door(7002)and
had technicans looked after it. It left 3 minutes late, this somewhat
delay the Albury service(750) and Geelong service(755) following.

B80 with Murraylander color at GNR yard. Along with 8167 and 8173
8173 must be a prime <Victorian> engine(with Victorian radio system), I
saw it frequently on SG track.

S317, GM12 and GM25 at RTS. BL31 and a DL class all in AN color at NR's
depot.

Y133 shunting at Seymore.

We stopped just north of Albury waiting for BM2 to cross, in charged by
NR63/74

8171 and 8143 waiting for us at Henty

8131 at Ampol yard north of Wagga Wagga.

Griffith Xplorer waiting at the down home signal of Junee for us to
leave Junee platform.

NR 1 stable at the Junee yard.

Cootamundra must be a heaven for 48 class fan. I saw: 4880, 48120,
4891, 4878, 48138, 4849, 48153, 48132 and 4860. also 8160 and 8233

Met Melbourne bound XPT just North of Bethalgal loop.

8181 and 8103 stable at Goulburn with 4819 and 4827 both in RSA color.

8144 stabled at Moss Vale and 8127 incharged a grain train.

Track condition.

It seems to me some sort of sleeper exchange program is going on in
Victoria stretch of the track. This would be good as the ride on the
Vic section of the SG track is unbelieve able.

There are number of speed restrictions espeically between Junee and
Moss Vale. XPT delay somewhat upon arrival Goulburn because of this.
But were be able to pick up the lost time by the time we reached
Mossvale.

--
Cheers

RR3