Re: NSW - Keep Some of the OG TT?

"Skippy" <fowler9@skippy9spammeifyoudare.fsnet.co.uk> wrote in message
8q7ru2$678$1@newsg4.svr.pol.co.uk">news:8q7ru2$678$1@newsg4.svr.pol.co.uk...
> IMHO most of it should be kept. But add some things like Interurbans being
> exactly that... NONE STOP in the suburban area. Well at least make the
> Newcastle trains stop Strathfield, Hornsby then Hawksbury River. West
trains
> stop Strathfield, Penrith then points up the mountains Illawara services
> should be Wolli Creek, Sutherland, Waterfall then onwards.

And what about Parramatta for west? Parra is after all the second CBD of
Sydney, and has a very large number of people working either in Parra or
close to it. You would rather create further congestion on services to
Penrith (where they would change to mountains trains?)

> All Campbelltown trains should be none stop after East Hills until Wolli
> Creek. Via Liverpool trains should be via Regents Park not Granville this
> will save what 2 or 3 mins.

There are far more people on the Fairfield line. Some stats I saw showed
that the via Fairfield line carries 12 times more passengers than the via
Villawood line. You could not justify sending them all via Regents Park.

> Countrylink trains nonstop through Metrop area to outer edge eg: Southern
> services 1st stop Campbelltown, Western services 1st stop Penrith,
Northern
> services 1st stop Hornsby.

Disagree there.

I would run the Canberra's and ST3/4 direct to Campelltown, would run ST1/2/
to stop at Strathfield, Granville and Campbelltown, and the norths to stop
at Strathfield and Hornsby.

Dave