Re: Far northern tilt train on schedule

> And if the electrifrication extend from Rocky to Cairns it would be
> very costly. Firstable Rockhampton's Denison Street section woud be
> difficult to accomadate equipments. Also electrifrication can only
> justify in area with high volumn traffic like QR's Central Qld Coal
> lines. The already wired section on North Coast line but with low
> traffic vloumn between Gladstone and Gympie North cost too much for QR
> and QR is planning to introduce diesel loco haul on NC line freight,
> transfer 3900 class electrics to Central Qld coal lines.

I see, thanks.

Yeah because of costs.  Just wondering why.  I travel around the state and
nation and when I do travel around the east coast of Queensland I ask myself
the question over the years.

I don't think I would be able to see it, til North Queensland becomes a
state in the future, or maybe not.  I don't even think the Northern
Territory will ever have electric trains either.

William Walker