Re: Refurbished Comeng set, Melbourne [Vic.]

Went for a ride in it on the 1526up Glen Waverley... pretty much what I
expected after reading the posts on here =) Although the staff weren't
handing out anything today. The display wasn't working at all in 575M-576M
but was fixed at FSS. There were probably more staff on board at GWY then
passengers! And its also good to see people staring at the Connex Comeng
instead of the 4D ("the new train") at FSS this afternoon...

cheers
Johann

Chris Gordon wrote in message <39C6FD65.78A42EB4@VICSIG.alphalink.com.au>...
>> > Today (Mon.18.9), a six-car refurbished Connex Trains Comeng set ran on
>> > public services: Epping - Belgrave - Glen Waverley - Lilydale - Epping.
>> > The set will be running the same roster all week, splitting after
>> > returning from Belgrave (half kept at Flinders St pfm 1 west for crew
>> > training; half returning to Epping).
>> > I rode on the 8.05 down Belgrave, and 9.22 up.
>>
>> And what did you think?
>
>Great.
>
>> I sat in the rear most car on the way to Lilydale.
>
>Umm, I was in the front car both ways.
>
>> The new seats are very hard, and you seam to sit 'on' them rather than in
>> them. Its like you are going to fall out of the seats while crossing a
>> junction. Perhaps they are a little wider which is thoughtful. Not sure
of
>> the underseat look, very bear.
>
>Yes the extra room and different layout is better.  Having spend the
>whole day on the thing I was in less pain then I would spending a whole
>day on a Comeng or Hitachi (which I have done).
>
>> The colour scheme looks great, if a little cold looking inside. WHERES
THE
>> CARPET!  The lack of carpet seems to make the ride noisier than the
>> un-referbished trains, not mention adding to the cold feeling factor.
Carpet