Re: Ex Newington Arms depot ng line

Chris wrote:

> How does this 2 ft line fit in with public transport? It doesn't go anywhere
> . It would be cheaper  and quicker using buses or a tractor train (how fast
> can a battery electric locomotive travel?). I suspect this proposal to
> convert it to passenger operation is all public relations bullshit.

The proposal is not for public transport in the commuter sense, but to
provide a way for people to travel around the parklands area which is
supposedly going to be developed.

Someone asked "where does the line go". It is not "a line" but a network
of lines which serviced factories, armament depots and the like. The
tracks wandered around through the property through rather picturesque
environments. Apparently not all the tracks remain, but it could be
turned into quite an attractive tourist operation. The project deserves
every encouragement.

Eddie Oliver